◆ Almost everyone "checks the food expiration date at the time of purchase"
According to the same survey, when asked about confirming the food expiration date at the time of purchase, 64.1% answered that they "always confirm" and 34.9% answered that they "confirmed by product". A total of 99.0%, it seems that almost everyone confirms the food expiration date at the time of purchase.
◆ Approximately 90% of people choose "earlier" when purchasing
Regarding how to pick up the products lined up in the store, "check the deadline and pick up new products" 71.0%, "take from the back" 16.1%, "take from the front" 12.9%, 90 It turns out that nearly% of people choose products with earlier deadlines.
On the other hand, in order to reduce the waste loss at the store, the comments received from the respondents said, "If there is time to spare, we may take it from the front. I think it is better for the store." There was also an attitude of trying to take it from the front.
◆ Actively purchase discounted products that can be used effectively
For products that are nearing the deadline and are discounted, 19.4% answered "buy as much as possible" and 79.5% answered "buy if you want to eat immediately". From comments such as "I will buy discounted products that have an expiration date on the spot, and I will not buy products that are likely to fall asleep in the refrigerator." When it was judged, there was a tendency to take the initiative in purchasing discounted products.
◆ Approximately 82% of households have "expired" food
On the other hand, regarding the expiration of foods stored at home, 15.7% answered "common" and 66.0% answered "occasionally", and it is clear that 81.7% of households have expired foods. To. Although most people are aware of the deadline at the time of purchase, it is thought that their awareness and management will be weakened after the purchase. With the advancement of technologies that can be stored for a long period of time, such as the freezing function and the storage function of the chilled room, it can be said that there are still issues regarding food management in refrigerators.