9 Benefits of Green Tea and Green Tea Drinks Available at Convenience StoresDo you know what kind of effects green tea has on your body? Green tea, which we usually drink casually and can easily find at convenience stores and supermarkets, has been shown to have many beneficial effects on the body and beauty. Green tea is also a very effective drink for preventing colds and flu. In this issue, I will explain in detail the wonderful effects of green tea.
Next, We will introduce some green teas that can be easily obtained at 7-Eleven, Lawson, and Family Mart.
1. Reduction of blood cholesterol, body fat, and blood sugarCatechins in green tea suppress the absorption of dietary sugar and fat, increase their discharge, and reduce body fat.
2. Inhibition of blood pressure increase
Catechins are said to lower blood pressure by regulating vasoconstrictors and strengthening the endothelial function of blood vessel walls.
Saponin is an ingredient found in all teas and has a strong bitter and acrid taste. It has the effect of lowering blood pressure.
Ingestion of gamma-aminobutyric acid (commonly known as GABA) suppresses noradrenaline, which has a vasoconstrictive effect, and lowers blood pressure.
3. Cancer preventionIt is said that catechins contained in green tea prevent canceration of cells.
4. Antioxidant actionCatechins, vitamin C, and vitamin E in green tea have antioxidant effects.
Just as metal oxidizes over time and rusts to a brownish color, the human body also oxidizes. When these oxidants accumulate in the body, they can easily cause various problems in our body, such as aging blood vessels, aging skin, and triggering lifestyle-related diseases and cancer. Antioxidant action refers to the action of removing these oxidants. Catechins have antioxidant properties that remove reactive oxygen species (or free radicals) in the body. Antioxidant effects help prevent the aging of various body tissues, cancer, lifestyle-related diseases, and diabetes.
5. Relaxing action
Theanine in green tea calms excitement and reduces tension and relaxes the body and mind. When theanine enters the brain, it changes the levels of the neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin, which helps to lower blood pressure and improve sleep quality.
6. Prevention of tooth decayCatechins inhibit the formation of dental plaque and the production of acid by cavity-causing bacteria, thereby halting the progression of tooth decay. Fluoride contained in green tea also strengthens the teeth and makes them resistant to cavities.
7. Prevention of bad breath (deodorizing effect)Catechins inhibit the growth of bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease, preventing bad breath.
In addition, chlorophyll contained in green tea has deodorizing and sterilizing effects, and is said to be effective in preventing halitosis by inhibiting the growth of bacteria that cause bad breath in the mouth.
8. Awakening effect (removal of fatigue and drowsiness)
The caffeine in tea has an excitatory effect on the cerebrum and other central nerves, enhancing intellectual work capacity and athletic performance.
It has an awakening effect that makes you clear-headed. It is effective in improving concentration and memory.
9. Skin whitening effectVitamin C is necessary for the production of collagen in the skin and is a water-soluble vitamin with antioxidant properties. Vitamin C is a nutrient that is good for the body, but it is also known to be very good for beauty. Vitamin C prevents the deposition of melanin pigment, which is the source of blemishes, and thus can be expected to prevent the development of blemishes. It also has anti-oxidant properties, and can be expected to have anti-aging and whitening effects by removing oxidants that tend to accumulate in the skin. Vitamin B2 contained in green tea is one of the water-soluble vitamins, which helps cell regeneration and maintains healthy skin, mucous membranes, hair, and nails.
Here are some green tea drinks available at convenience stores.
Green tea drink available at 7-ELEVEN
600 ml Hajime Green Tea with Shizuoka Tea.
This green tea is made from Shizuoka tea, which is made from domestically produced ingredients. Shizuoka is famous as one of the top 3 tea producing prefectures every year.
500 ml green tea
(Hajime) From the green tea series, this green tea contains rosehip-derived tiriloside, which has the function of reducing body fat. Therefore, this product is positioned as a "Food with Functional Labeling. Foods with functional labeling are foods that can claim health benefits such as "reducing body fat" or "moderating fat absorption" to help maintain or improve health. If certain conditions for safety and functionality are met, companies and producers are responsible for labeling health effects and functions.
It is good for your health by incorporating it into your daily drinks.
green tea 1000ml (33.81us fl oz)
This is a paper-pack version of 7-Eleven's green tea. The paper carton contains 1L and is inexpensive, so it can be said to have a high cost performance advantage.
Green tea drinks available at Lawson
Lawson original green tea 600ml (20.29us fl oz)
Green Tea 1000ml (33.81us fl oz)
Gyokuro green tea is a mellow and tasty green tea with gyokuro in it. Gyokuro" is a type of green tea produced by steaming, heating, rubbing, and drying tea leaves plucked from tea fields that have been covered with 70% to 90% shade for about 20 days from the time the first tea sprouts begin to grow.
Green tea drink available at Family Mart
nigori no umami green tea
This green tea has a mellow, richly delicious nigori taste and a fresh, clean aroma unique to first-grade tea leaves.
mellow and delicious Gyokuro green tea 1000ml (33.81us fl oz).
This tea also contains gyokuro. This is a green tea with gyokuro carefully and slowly extracted. 100% domestic tea leaves are used.